How a 3PL Can Help You Navigate White Glove Freight Service
White glove logistics allow you to differentiate yourself from competitors and open revenue streams that lead to increased profitability. Those services include packing, boxing, crating, padding, wrapping and assembling your customers’ valuable and fragile shipments for them as an elevated shipping service.
However, understanding how to leverage white glove shipping can sometimes be a challenge for busy companies with little logistics expertise. That is where a third-party logistics (3PL) provider can help. These companies not only offer shipping expertise and experience, but they can also provide you with the shipping solutions you need to maximize your white glove shipping offerings. Below, Worldwide Express outlines four of the ways a 3PL can help and lists the outcomes you can expect from white glove deliveries!
4 Things To Look For in White Glove Logistics Companies
- Full suite of shipping solutions — An industry-leading 3PL should offer a wide range of shipping solutions including less-than-truckload (LTL), full truckload (FTL),parcel shipping and international shipping. And, when you need them, they should also offer specialty freight services including white glove shipping that helps you deliver products with the highest level of care and service. Having access to a variety of freight solutions ensures you have the services you need no matter what you are shipping or the level of care that is needed for your customers.
- Shipping expertise and account management — The best 3PLs in the business are those that not only offer multiple freight shipping services, but also have an in-depth knowledge of the industry and offer account management services that can serve as the logistics arm of your business shipping. In particular, 3PLs can advise you on how, why and when to best implement white glove freight service to ensure shipments arrive in one piece and your customers remain happy with your service.
- Top freight shipping carriers — White glove logistics isn’t only about what is shipped and how, but also who is shipping the products. That’s why it’s important to work with a 3PL with a vetted freight carrier network that provides not only standard solutions but also white glove freight service and other specialty shipping solutions. Be sure to ask 3PLs about their white glove carriers and what they do to make sure fragile or high-value shipments are delivered as expected. A 3PL should also have a large number of carriers to handle white glove deliveries so you have no issues finding a truck whenever you need one.
- Technology solutions — Although a truck delivers your product, it’s technology these days that is the driving force behind freight shipping. For your white glove logistics needs, be sure to work with a 3PL with a robust and intuitive transportation management system (TMS). These shipping platforms allow you to compare quotes and select carriers, add protection and select white glove freight service to ensure your important deliveries make it to their destination unscathed.
What kind of outcomes can I expect from white glove delivery?
- Fewer damaged shipments — The whole point of white glove freight service is to protect fragile and high-value shipments. By using these services, it is less likely that you will have to replace products — which will save you time and money.
- Decrease in claims — Nobody likes freight claims, and by working with white glove delivery companies you will be limiting damage and the necessity for the claims process.
- Increased customer loyalty — By providing the specialized services that your customers need, including white glove freight service, you will instill confidence in them that you are an industry-leading shipper.
- New customer persona and profit potential — By offering white glove deliveries, you will open your business to a new type of customer who may require some of these services. That means additional profit. Check!
How much does white glove shipping cost?
White glove logistics comes at a premium — meaning it costs extra. That’s why it’s important to only use this service when special handling is required. While pricing is customized per shipment, costs are typically based on several variables including the distance between the origin and final destination, drop-off location (since stairs or other difficult-to-navigate factors will increase the cost of delivery) and product specifications (such as size, weight, shape and assembly complexity). A 3PL can discuss costs and how to efficiently move products using white glove shipping.
Worldwide Express is an industry-leading 3PL offering white glove freight service!
Worldwide Express has more than 30 years of experience as a 3PL helping thousands of shippers with their freight shipping needs, including white glove logistics. As part of WWEX Group, alongside GlobalTranz and Unishippers, we are one of the largest 3PLs in the nation and use our combined resources to offer top solutions and financial stability to shippers of all sizes.
Want to learn more about our white glove carriers and delivery services? Reach out today for a free consultation.